Men and mountains

Friday, September 16, 2005

Miracles

"Miracles happen. That’s what they say. They happen everyday, many times over. They happen in their own place. If we don’t see them, it’s just because we expect them to happen where we are. Some of us, on hearsay, and in hope, set out toward such fabled lands where miracles have been known to happen. Some of us reach. And some of us see those miracles. And life changes forever.

How much can I say, about a mountain with a feather? That she is beautiful? What can I say about clouds holding hands and snuggling peacefully in the cosy lap of mountains? That I wish I could find such peace in my life? What can I say about falling snow? That where is all this silence coming from?

Miracles happen. Whether or not, anyone is there to watch them."


-- Sandeep Chopra, excerpt from Khumbu Trails, 13 December, 2003

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home